A To Z Challenge, Blogging Challenge, Letters Of Light, Self-love

Kindle The Flame Of Kindness

“Every little flame of a light can bring peace, smile and hope to lives of millions.

Be the light.”

Today I call you Kind. For I believe, you are a sea of kindness. You have a kind heart and pure soul to kindle the lamp of hope and love in someone’s life. You have a big heart to embrace all the haters, to forgive all the sinners and to bring life in a dying soul. I know, you are kind.

But in this phase of life, you have forgotten who you are. How much love you can hold in your heart. For now, you see yourself lost in the darkness, and in this moment, you are seeking for the light. You are seeking peace, purpose and meaning. But remember, all the journey begins with you. If you are not kind enough to yourself, then how would you begin the journey to life?

You are devastated, you are having sleepless nights. This moment, all you need is a friend. A hand to hold, a shoulder to weep. Someone to hear your inner heart, and feel your delicate soul, which is now suffering from the drought of love. You wish for someone who can turn your teardrops to pearls of love. You pray for a touch of empathy, compassion and kindness. Who will hear you, feel your void, heal your wounds and help you to bring back the lost grace. Someone who will restore your broken pieces, and promise to make you whole, again.

Just like you, once I was also trapped in this profound loneliness. I started thinking myself the worst person in the world. I have nobody around me, who can hold my hand in this acute darkness. I felt a thirst, a void inside. I wanted to express this grief to someone who cares for me. I had my parents and my sister with me, but there was an unspoken silence in my every words. I couldn’t speak my heart out. As if, I became dumb, and that book of unsaid words felt like a never ending story. It seemed to me that I am a puppet, and I am enacting a mime act of play. Everything I said, I did, was left with a void of unsaid.

But one day, I discovered a beautiful truth about life. That nobody but you are a sea of kindness. You are kind, and you have to be kind to yourself, too. Nobody else, but you. Only you.

Seeker, you are finding love, you are seeking light. Why don’t you give yourself a treat of kindness? You have a candle of compassion hidden in your heart, why don’t you shower abundance of love to your own self?

Do you know, what is kindness? It’s a light. It’s love. It’s the divine touch, that reveals the divinity in you. Slowly, gently. It kindles the lamp of love inside you. Kindness begins with you. Kindness is a flame of the lamp you hold in your heart. If you lit this lamp of kindness within you, it will kindle another lamp residing in someone’s heart, awaiting to be kindled with love, hope and kindness. If you are kind to yourself, then you will be kind to someone else, who needs it just like you. May be, someone waiting for a touch of love and compassion. Someone, waiting to return to light, once again. Someone, who is lonely like you, waiting for a hand to hold. Together, you will begin the journey towards light.

Let the dawn of tomorrow, begin a new journey. A journey to kindle a thousand hearts with the little flame of kindness.

For the journey towards kindness,

A Lamp

1. So true dear, everything that you want to see in the outside world for some positive change you have to lit it within you first, then only you would be able to gift it others. Well penned!!!

Liked by 2 people

So true Swarnali and beautifully penned down. All good changes start from within and reach outside! Lovely 😊😊

Thank you Sreeparna. Thanks for sharing your website link here, on the previous day I landed up finding nothing in your website. Will check yours soon. 🙂

3. Dashy says

Reading this brings an air of positivity and healing. It’s amazing how words can be so powerful. Thankyou for sharing this. Lots of love and kindness ❤

How lovely! 😍 Thanks for the love and support always, Anupriya. Hugs 🤗 I really feel very happy when you say you could relate with my words. Means much!

4. You have defined kindness in such beautiful words. We can only be kind to others when we are kind to ourselves. Loved reading this letter! 💛✨

Being kind costs nothing. But one act of kindness can mean a lot to someone somewhere. Then why not be that someone and be kind to yourself. Charity begins at home, after all.
    This post is apt for the young generation that always finds itself lonely and trapped out of their own comings. Good one Swarnali…as always.

6. Shubhra Rastogi says

So true. Kindness is one of the greatest virtue someone can have. It is always good to brace positivity.

7. Beautiful post, touched my heart. Yes, we need to be first kind to ourselves dear, your this seeker so agrees with you. Do transform your work into an e-book at the end of this series.

Ohh, how amazing dear. We should learn how to be kind to ourselves. I will think about the ebook buddy. 🙂

8. Madhu Bindra says

Very true, beta. People with lots don’t always give anything out of kindness if there is nothing they receive in return. What is useless for one can be something other is waiting years for.

How beautifully said you Aunty. Thanks for visiting my blog. 🙏🏻🌼💐

9. Agree with you, Swarnali.
    Love the K words- Kindle & Kindness.
    May the flame of kindness burn bright!
    May all be kind to themselves first & then spread the light!

Absolutely Anita. May the flame of kindness kindle a thousand lamps ahead. Thanks for reading my letter. 🙂

10. So beautiful and so true. As they say charity begins at home. Similarly, unless you are kind to yourself and love yourself, you cannot do the same to others. And till you do not help yourself, there will be no one else who will. It is interesting how we both wrote on kindness but in such a different manner. Loved your post

11. Wow! I am just loving every single word. How beautifully weave! Kindness is a great gesture which are you taking about in your post. Describing this with light itself shows your positivity. God bless you dear! Keep spreading love.

Thank you so much Deepika 🌼 Thanks a lot for your love and support.. 🙂

12. Dr. Surbhi Prapanna says

Kindness is such a wonderful gesture and I agree we have to be kind first with ourselves then we can become kind with others. again an amazing, inspiring post swarnali.

13. I guess only when you can be kind to yourself and be compassionate with yourself then only you can find these two virtues in abundance to distribute it to others. As they say only those who find peace within themselves spread peace outside them.

14. They say the worst enemy lies within ourselves. We often come down hard on ourselves when we don’t meet our expectations.But if we are kind to ourselves, we could transform our relationship with self. Thanks for the nudge, Swarnali!